first_imgDonegal Junior LeagueReports Watson Hire Division OneKilmacrennan Celtic 3 Kerrykeel ’71 F.C. 2Kilmacrennan Celtic entertained Kerrykeel on Wednesday evening in a game that was played in sunny conditions at the Flagpole in Rathmullan. Kilmacrennan started brightly and took the lead through an Eddie Doherty goal on the 5th minute. Kerrykeel levelled matters in the 18th minute after a corner found Marty Mc Ateer’s head. The game wasn’t level for long after as free kick from Aidan Sweeney was headed home by Garry Gorman on the 22nd minute. Kilmacrennan seemed in total control and doubled their lead when Christy Connaghan scored. Kerrykeel pressed hard to try and get back in the game. They forced Kilmacrennan’s keeper Jason Hegarty into a good save. Kerrykeel were given a lifeline after Darren Toland brought down a Kerrykeel attacker inside the box and they were awarded a penalty which was scored by Johnny Friel to make it 3-2. The second half was a cagier affair where both teams cancelled each other out and chances were few and far between. Kerrykeel had the best chance in the second but couldn’t find a way past Kilmac’s defence who stood firm for a vital three points in their bid for promotion. Best for Kilmac: Seamy Peoples and Aiden Sweeney.Best for Kerrykeel: Mark Friel. Referee: Martin Coll Glencar Inn Saturday Division TwoCurragh Athletic Reserves 0 Keadue Rovers Reserves 4Curragh played this game with a few regulars missing and were one nil down after 10 minutes when a Keadue long throw was headed into the net. Keadue doubled the lead after 15 minutes when their striker lobbed the keeper. Curragh upped their game and should have scored through Gary Heaney. Curragh had several good only for the Keadue keeper to keep his sheet clean. Keadue scored a breakaway goal in the 85th minute to kill off a hard working Curragh. Keadue scored again in injury time.Old Orchard Saturday Division OneOrchard F.C. 3 Castlefin Celtic Reserves 1Orchard edged out Castlefin by 3 goals to 1 in an entertaining game played in fine conditions on Friday evening. Orchard opened the scoring with 30 minutes gone on the clock when a long free-kick out of defence was cushioned beautifully by John Boyle into the path of Peter Blake who kept his composure for a neat finish. With five minutes gone in the second half Blake turned provider with a great ball over the top for Bonner who had his initial shot saved by the keeper but was quickest to the rebound to score from close range. Castlefin were always in the game and made it 2-1 when Gavin McNulty scored with a well struck shot to the bottom corner. Boyle ensured that any hopes of a Castlefin revival were short lived when he scored the goal of the game with a fine left footed shot to the bottom corner from 15 yards out. Best for Orchard: Peter Blake, John Boyle, and Barney Mc Menamin. Good team performance from Castlefin. Glencar Celtic 10 Glenree United Reserves 2In this top versus bottom clash it was the current champions Glencar who came out on top and kept their push on to retain the title with an emphatic 10-2 victory at the flagpole.Glencar started the game well and enjoyed large spells of possession but just couldn’t break the dead lock. The breakthrough came on 20 minutes with good a good run from Rory Gallagher to tee up Froggy to slot home. Shane Hilley doubled Glencar’s advantage shortly afterwards with a good finish form the edge of the area. Froggy found the net again on 30 minutes after he was upended in the box and slotted home from the spot. On 40 minutes Sean Houston fired home from the edge of the box. On the stroke of half time Froggy sealed his hat-trick after feeding Michael Molloy who’s superb cross was met again by Froggy to head home and put Glencar 5 up at half time. Glencar fell asleep at half time and two quick goals at the start of the second half from Peter Brannigan gave them something of a wake-up call and they responded in fine fashion with Glencar’s Froggy hitting the net five more times without reply from the visitors taking his tally to eight for the game and Glencar’s to ten.Erne Wanderers 3 Glenea United Reserves 0 (No report received)Glencar Inn Saturday Division TwoDrumbar F.C. 2 Drumoghill F.C. Reserves 1A bright start from the home side should have seen them 1-0 up after 4 minutes only for Ray Balogun’s placed shot to come back off the post. It was a tight first half with the home side dominating most of the play and they went in at 0-0 at halftime. The second half started in similar fashion with Ray Balogun on his toes. He took control of a knock down from Conrad Clarke and rounded the keeper and finished well to put the home side 1-0 up. Drumoghill later spurned one of the few chances they created in the second half with a wayward header at the back post however it wasn’t long before Drumoghill’s number 7 equalised from a throw in and a knock on to the back post for a tap in. Ray Balogun scored a carbon copy of his first goal from a tighter angle to finish the game off on 75 minutes. The Drumbar defence held out strongly for the last 15minutes. Team effort from Drumoghill. Drumbar’s Aidan Cassidy, Enda Brogan and Conrad Clarke rolled back the years to put in very impressive performances as well as goal scorer Ray Balogun.Strand Rovers 5 Milford United Reserves 0Strand welcomed Milford to Strand Park, Maghery. Strand started very brightly and pressed hard early on and were rewarded on 20 minutes when a wonder free kick from Gerard Diver from about 30 yards out nearly bust the back off the net. Diver scored again 5 minutes later when he found himself one on one and rounded the keeper to make it 2-0. After 40 minutes Brendan Glackin crossed for Darragh Hanlon to flick on and Doalty Boyle tapped home to make 3-0 at half time. Paddy Glackin scored to make it 4-0 in the second half. Brendan Brennan scored a screamer from outside the box to put the final nail in the coffin for Milford and it ended Strand 5 Milford 0, great team effort from Strand.Tullyvinney Rovers 4 Cranford United Reserves 0Tullyvinney Rovers ran out easy winners over Cranford Reserves on Saturday. James Sweeney opened the scoring on fifteen minutes when he reacted quickest to a loose ball in the box. Square Mc Nulty added their second with a shot from outside the area. Sam Hegarty and Matthew Grant added two more in the second half to put a gloss on the scoreline. Referee: Barry HunterUlster Junior Shield FinalConvoy Arsenal 3 Moville Celtic 1Ryan Carlin’s Orchard Park men ensured that the Ulster Junior Shield remained within the jurisdiction of the Donegal Junior League as they defeated Moville Celtic Reserves in the Final on Saturday evening at Diamond Park. This was rarely a result in doubt after Convoy’s player/manager opened the scoring after six minutes. He was at it again before the interval when he spotted the Moville custodian off his line and he curled a beautiful shot beyond the netminder. Only one name had been engraved on this Shield prior to Saturday and that was the name of Convoy’s neighbours Raphoe Town who won this competition in it’s inaugural season. The fact that it will reside only a few miles up the road for the next twelve months was put beyond any notions otherwise when Carlin outpaced the Inishowen League side’s defence to add his and Convoy’s third with time almost up on match referee Con Mc Laughlin’s timepiece.ReportsBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionDonegal Town 5 Lifford Celtic 1This one started off pretty even with both teams showing great endeavour. Lifford went one up on twenty minutes with a fine strike. Their lead only lasted five minutes however with Daniel McHugh equalising with a free kick. Donegal upped the tempo and took the lead just before half time with Benny Byrne getting on the end of a David Bustard cross. Lifford had started well in the second half but went 3-1 down on the hour mark. David Bustard, counter attacking from right back, played in Daniel McHugh and he finished with a classy chip over the keeper. After this it was comfortable for Donegal and they added two more before the end with Benny Byrne netting his second and Jamie White completing the scoring for the home side. David ‘Ted’ Bustard best for Donegal, team effort from Lifford.Milford United 1 Gweedore Celtic 3( No Report Submitted )Kildrum Tigers 3 Drumoghill F.C. 2( No Report Submitted )Rathmullan Celtic 3 Glenea United 2Rathmullan emerged with maximum points from the latest scintillating battle between these two rivals at the Flagpole. While they have been battling for titles and trophies in recent seasons this year both are in need of points for very different reasons which ensured that no quarter was given from the first whistle. In the end an 88th minute header from Kieran Gorman gave Rathmullan three valuable points as Glenea were left cursing the Flagpole once more. Glenea had twice levelled the game after Rathmullan got off to a fabulous start. A terrific committed game of football from both sides on the day which yet again proved to be well worth the entrance fee. Referee: Kevin LogueWatson Hire Division OneDunkineely Celtic 3 Copany Rovers 1With little other than pride to play for Dunkineely came out on top in this battle of the bottom two teams in the division. Dunkineely started the best and went into the lead in the third minute when Aaron Byrne found the net. They continued their dominance and doubled their lead on fifteen minutes when Paul Murrin scored. Copany fought their way back into the game after this and pulled a goal back through Stephen Doherty on 35 minutes. The second half was a closer affair with the visitors coming more into the game. They almost equalised on 50 minutes, forcing a fine save from the home keeper. Dunkineely wrapped up the points on 58 minutes when Paul Murrin got his second of the game.Kilmacrennan Celtic 1 Lagan Harps 1The game between Kilmacrennan Celtic and Lagan Harps was switched to Errigal College on Sunday. Kilmacrennan were playing against a strong wind in the first half and didn’t have to wait long for the first goal when Lagan’s Drew Connolly received the ball on the edge of the box and had no problem giving Lagan the lead. The two teams cancelled each other out for the rest of the first half with few chances for both sides. Kilmacrennan came out the stronger team in the second half and equalised matters in the 60th minute when Michael Mc Laughlin sent a corner ball into the box and it was headed home by Christy Conaghan. Kilmacrennan pushed looking for a winner but Lagan caught them on the counter attack and went one on one but Kilmac’s goalkeeper kept the game level. Kilmacrennan continued to press on for three points and were unfortunate to have a goal disallowed in the last minute, after an alleged hand ball. This brought the game to a close with a level score line and both teams taking a point away. Best for Kilmacrennan: Seamy Peoples and Timmy Burke. Best for Lagan: Drew ConnollyKerrykeel ’71 F.C. 0 Gweedore United 1Gweedore left Kerrykeel after a smash and grab performance to retain their status as a Division 1 team leaving Kerrykeel wondering how they didn’t win this encounter. Kerrykeel started the better and pushed Gweedore back into their own box for most of the first half. Marty Mc Ateer and Paul Gibbons both went close and Fergal Friel also had a good strike form eighteen yards which just went wide. Gweedore’s only effort of the half came on the stroke of half time when Ciaran Mc Fadden forced Shane Sandilands into a fine save.The second half started with Kerrykeel pressurising with attack after attack but player/manager Brian Gallagher held his defence firm. A big talking point came on sixty two minutes when Kerrykeel were denied a penalty when Paul Gibbons was taken down in the box but the referee waved play on. Marty Mc Ateer hit the post on sixty eight minutes however the only goal came when Gweedore broke down the left after a Kerrykeel corner with Ciaran Mc Fadden finding space before rounding the keeper to fire home. Team performance from both teams Referee: Barry HunterCT Ball Division TwoLetterbarrow Celtic 2 Dunlewey Celtic 0On a beautiful afternoon at Tymeen Letterbarrow came out comfortable winners on a score line of two goals to nil. Letterbarrow started brightly with John Corley and Conor McDaid unlucky to see their efforts just wide in the opening minutes. Dunlewy defended well throughout and were well marshalled by their outstanding goalkeeper. However the deadlock was broken on thirty minutes when Jamie Coyle was taken down in the box as he was about to shoot. The resulting penalty was slotted homed by Allan Foxton. Despite a number of clear chances it took Letterbarrow to the sixtieth minute to double their lead when John Corley showed some superb skill to pass three players before being fouled in the box. Allan Foxton scored again from the spot. Eoin Gallagher and John Corley were best for Letterbarrow with a very good defensive display by Dunlewy.Glenree United 2 Deele Harps 2It was the home outfit who started the game the brightest and took the lead after 8 minutes when Patrick Mc Groddy calmly slotted it past the keeper. Deele were under the cosh for the best part of the first half. The second half saw Deele get back into the match in fortunate circumstances when a corner kick was swung in only to be nodded into the net by a home defender. This gave Deele hope and they started to push forward. Barney Boyce had different ideas and scored in the 70th minute. The game was petering out when up stepped the young right winger of Deele to blast the ball into the top corner. The game ended as a draw and brought the curtain down on another season for both sides. Referee: Martin CollBrian Mc Cormick Cup Semi-FinalsCastlefin Celtic 1 Bonagee United 0A Gary Patton strike which Anthony O’ Hagan saved and an opening for Lee Mc Monagle were the only chances that Bonagee United created in the first half of this match. For their part Ronan Tourish had a shot deflected wide and Simon Mc Glinchey had a headed effort which also went agonisingly close as Castlefin Celtic attempted to break to deadlock. In the second half Ian Ward hit the post as Castlefin pressed. The current Cup holders finally broke the deadlock when JP Malley squared the ball into the path of Barry Tourish who crashed the ball high into the roof of the Bonagee net on 75 minutes. Castlefin again had O’ Hagan to thank when he saved from Darren Hunter as the game came to a finish. Castlefin will now attempt to retain their Cup when they play St. Catherines in the Final in May. Best for Castlefin: Anthony O’Hagan. Best for Bonagee: Team PerformanceSt. Catherines 0 v 0 a.e.t. Cranford United(St Catherines won 6-5 on penalties)It took all of one hundred and ten minutes and sixteen penalty kicks for St. Catherines to overcome Cranford United in this Brian Mc Cormick Cup semi-final. From play the neutral would find it hard to believe that these two sides completed their League campaigns a full division apart. Arthur Lynch’s men gave a great account of their ability and on this showing they looked capable of mixing it with the Premier Division Champions. But it is results that count and faced by the possibility of losing a Cup semi-final the Killybegs’ side dug deep and ground out a result. Christopher Murrin got the winning penalty after the sides had ended scoreless after extra time and both had scored three penalties in regulation. Murrin’s was the third round of sudden death and while it is never easy to lose a match in this manner St. Catherines will be happy to extend their season until May when they will contest the Brian Mc Cormick Cup Final against Castlefin CelticResultsWatson Hire Division OneKilmacrennan Celtic 3 v 2 Kerrykeel ’71 F.C.Glencar Inn Saturday Division TwoCurragh Athletic Reserves 0 v 4 Keadue Rovers ReservesOld Orchard Saturday Division OneArranmore United 3 v 0 St. Catherines ReservesOrchard F.C. 3 v 1 Castlefin Celtic ReservesGlencar Celtic 10 v 2 Glenree United ReservesErne Wanderers 3 v 0 Glenea United ReservesGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoDrumbar F.C. 2 v 1 Drumoghill F.C. ReservesStrand Rovers 5 v 0 Milford United ReservesTullyvinney Rovers 4 v 0 Cranford United ReservesUlster Junior Shield FinalConvoy Arsenal 3 v 1 Moville CelticSunday 12-04-2015Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionDonegal Town 5 v 1 Lifford CelticMilford United 1 v 3 Gweedore CelticKildrum Tigers 3 v 2 Drumoghill F.C.Rathmullan Celtic 3 v 2 Glenea UnitedWatson Hire Division OneDunkineely Celtic 3 v 1 Copany RoversCurragh Athletic P v P Keadue RoversKilmacrennan Celtic 1 v 1 Lagan HarpsKerrykeel ’71 F.C. 0 v 1 Gweedore UnitedCT Ball Division TwoLetterbarrow Celtic 2 v 0 Dunlewey CelticBallybofey United P v P Eany CelticGlenree United 2 v 2 Deele HarpsBrian Mc Cormick Cup Semi-FinalsCastlefin Celtic 1 v 0 Bonagee UnitedSt. Catherines 0 v 0 a.e.t. Cranford United(St Catherines won 6-5 on penalties)FixturesWatson Hire Division OneWednesday 15-04-2015Curragh Athletic v Keadue Rovers (8 p.m.)Friday 17-04-2015CT Ball Division TwoBallybofey United v Eany Celtic (7.30p.m.)Saturday 18-04-2015 K.O. 2p.m. (Unless Stated)Old Orchard Saturday Division OneCastlefin Celtic Reserves v Donegal Town ReservesErne Wanderers v Fintown Harps AFCGlenea United Reserves v Orchard F.C.Glenree United Reserves v St. Catherines ReservesArranmore United v Glencar CelticGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoDrumoghill F.C. Reserves v Curragh Athletic ReservesCranford United Reserves v Strand RoversRamelton Mariners v Tullyvinney RoversDrumbar F.C. v Curragh Athletic ReservesSunday 19-04-2015 K.O. 2 p.m. (Unless Stated)Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionSt. Catherines v Milford UnitedDonegal Town v Cranford UnitedGweedore Celtic v Drumoghill F.C.Glenea United v Lifford CelticWatson Hire Division OneCopany Rovers v Whitestrand UnitedDunkineely Celtic v Keadue RoversCastlefin Celtic v Lagan HarpsKilmacrennan Celtic v Gweedore UnitedCT Ball Division TwoBonagee United v Letterbarrow CelticDONEGAL LEAGUE: ALL THE REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: April 12th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Leaguelast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *