The proposed takeover of Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) by COSCO Shipping is expected to be completed by June 30, Reuters reported citing COSCO’s vice chairman as saying. As informed by Huang Xiaowen, the company’s vice chairman, COSCO is in the process of answering questions on the acquisition from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States.The company also needs to get a number of domestic approvals to proceed with the planned acquisition.In 2017, COSCO Shipping Holdings and Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG) made an offer to buy all issued shares of Orient Overseas International Limited (OOIL), the parent company of OOCL. The offer, made to the shareholders of OOIL, is worth USD 6.3 billion.Once the transaction is completed, COSCO would hold 90.1% of OOIL, thus becoming the world’s third-largest container carrier. COSCO would have a combined fleet of 400 vessels, with capacity exceeding 2.9 million TEUs including orderbook, pushing CMA CGM from its spot, Drewry said last year.The acquisition has been approved so far by COSCO’s shareholders, China State‑owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC), the US and the EU regulators.World Maritime News Staff
zoomIllustration; Source: Pixabay under CC0 Creative Commons license Indonesia would not switch to low-sulphur fuel from January 1, 2020, due to abundant supplies of 3.5% sulphur content fuel, Reuters said citing the country’s transport ministry.Namely, the authorities plan to allow Indonesia-flagged ships to continue burning marine fuels with a maximum 3.5% sulphur content in its territorial waters past 2020 without having to use scrubbers.The officials elaborated the decision by saying that Indonesia’s energy firm Pertamina has large supplies of higher-sulphur fuel, adding that the country would comply with the upcoming regulations after it exhausts these stocks. It is not clear how long would the implementation of the sulphur rule in Indonesian waters be delayed.Indonesian-flagged ships sailing international routes will still need to comply with the IMO fuel rules from January 2020.Under the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) regulation, scheduled to come into force in 2020, ships will have to use fuel with a maximum 0.5% sulphur content, down from the current 3.5%, unless they are equipped with scrubbers.The 0.5% sulphur limit extends to carriage of bunker fuel with sulphur content of more than 0.50% for vessels not fitted with exhaust gas cleaning systems (EGSC). The carriage ban will come into effect on March 1, 2020.World Maritime News Staff
RED DEER, Alta. – The sexual assault case against a former politician with Alberta’s Opposition United Conservatives has been put over to March 22.Don MacIntyre, who until recently represented the central Alberta seat of Innisfail-Sylvan Lake, did not appear in Red Deer provincial court on Thursday.He was instead represented by an agent acting on behalf of MacIntyre’s defence lawyer Ian McKay of Calgary.MacIntyre resigned suddenly on Feb. 2 after being charged with sexual assault and sexual interference with a minor.A publication ban was initially placed on his name, but was lifted last week following a challenge by several media outlets.MacIntyre, who is 62, is out on bail with several conditions that include having no contact with the complainant or anyone under 16 unless a guardian is present.He cannot work or volunteer in roles that involve contact with children under the age of 16 and is not to go within 100 metres of a playground, swimming pool, daycare or school ground.MacIntyre is also prohibited from possessing weapons while off the property where he is residing.MacIntyre was a first-term legislature member elected for the Wildrose party in 2015. The Wildrose merged last summer with the Progressive Conservatives to form the new United Conservative Party led by former federal cabinet minister Jason Kenney.MacIntyre was the party’s critic for electricity and renewables.(RD News Now, The Canadian Press)
Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria have caused historic destruction in Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Puerto Rico and across the Caribbean. In early September, Farm Aid activated its Family Farm Disaster Fund to provide aid to organizations helping family farmers affected by Hurricane Harvey, and later expanded to include those affected by Hurricane Irma.“Our hearts are with everyone affected by these devastating hurricanes. The most recent destruction wrought by Hurricane Maria on the 3.4 million residents of Puerto Rico is overwhelming, and it is Farm Aid’s way to do what we can to help,” said Farm Aid president Willie Nelson. “Puerto Rico is part of the United States and family farmers there are facing unimaginable losses. They need to know we stand with them.”Farm Aid has partnered with Visit Rico, a non-profit organization based in Puerto Rico. Visit Rico’s mission is to strengthen Puerto Rico’s agricultural economy through sustainable agritourism to achieve food sovereignty. Visit Rico has found that supplementing cash flow for farmers is the fastest way to help them get back on their feet to start planting seeds again. Visit Rico aims to temporarily replace the economic stability farmers had from their local farmer’s markets, which must be rebuilt. To read more about their effort, visit gofundme.com/5markets.Since activation of the Family Farm Disaster Fund following Hurricane Harvey, Farm Aid has raised more than $82,000. Farm Aid will utilize every dollar raised to distribute emergency funds to farm families affected by the hurricanes in partnership with local organizations working on the ground; to offer resources that help farmers navigate their farm recovery options, from mental health services to federal funding opportunities; and to advocate for needed disaster recovery funds and resources from the federal government.Farm Aid is also working with partners in disaster-affected areas to determine the long-term needs of impacted farmers and ranchers. If you are a farmer and have been affected by these devastating hurricanes, additional tools are available at www.farmaid.org/disaster. To donate, please visit farmaid.org/hurricanes.Farm Aid’s mission is to build a vibrant, family farm-centered system of agriculture in America. Farm Aid artists and board members Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews host an annual festival to raise funds to support Farm Aid’s work with family farmers and to inspire people to choose family farm food. For more than 30 years, Farm Aid, with the support of the artists who contribute their performances each year, has raised more than $50 million to support programs that help farmers thrive, expand the reach of the Good Food Movement, take action to change the dominant system of industrial agriculture and promote food from family farms.
Facebook Advertisement WHAT’S SHOOTING IN BC – AS OF JUL-01-18CREATIVE BC – CLICK HEREUBCP/ACTRA – FILM/TV PRODUCTIONS – CLICK HERE – 5-PAGE PDF Login/Register With: LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment UBCP/ACTRA – ULTRA LOW BUDGET PRODUCTIONS – CLICK HERE – 2-PAGE PDFWHAT’S FILMING MAGAZINE – CLICK HERE.LOOKING FOR A JOB? CHECK OUT OUR CASTING, JOB & CREW NOTICESCASTING A PRODUCTION? HIRING CREW? POST YOUR NOTICE HERETO VIEW OR POST CASTING NOTICES: CLICK HERETO VIEW OR POST CREW & JOB NOTICES: CLICK HERE.ARE YOU A FREELANCER? CREW? DO YOU WORK BEHIND THE SCENES?ARE YOU A PRODUCTION COMPANY?DO YOU PROVIDE A SERVICE TO THE INDUSTRY?ADD YOUR COMPANY (OR YOUR SERVICES) TO THE PRODUCTION DIRECTORYIt’s FREE to add your company to the eBOSS PRODUCTION DIRECTORYCLICK HERE.DEALS AND DISCOUNTSCheck out our deals page for discounts on events, restaurants, industry services, health and fitness, auto services and much more – CLICK HERE.FOLLOW eBOSS CANADA ON SOCIAL MEDIA The Entertainment Business One-Stop ShopFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/eboss.canada/Twitter: https://twitter.com/eBOSSCanadaInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/eBOSSCanada/YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/ebosscanadaDOWNLOAD THE eBOSS CANADA APPFor up-to-date News, Job Notices, Casting Notices, Events, and much more Advertisement Advertisement Twitter
APTN National NewsA letter sent to Quebec’s minister of Public Safety Wednesday, and obtained by APTN National News is asking the province to honour an agreement allowing two First Nations police officers to be included in the investigation of abuse in Val d’Or, Que., that is currently underway.At the moment, investigators with the Montreal police (SPVM) are looking into allegations of physical and sexual abuse of Indigenous women by eight members of the Surete du Quebec (SQ) in Val d’Or, about 500 kilometres northwest of Montreal.According to the letter, chiefs of the Assembly of First Nations Quebec and Labrador (AFNQL) proposed that First Nations police officers join the investigation at a meeting with the acting Minister of Public Safety Pierre Moreau and Native Affairs Minister Geoffrey Kelley Nov. 23.“Our Chiefs are convinced that the professionalism and familiarity with the setting of our First Nation officers can greatly benefit, on the one hand, the conduct of the inquiry, and on the other hand, the confidence of our populations in the impartiality of this inquiry,” states the letter dated Dec. 9 and signed by AFNQL Chief Ghislain Picard.Download (PDF, Unknown)Chiefs of the AFNQL are also asking for an independent inquiry into the allegations against the SQ.The request was turned down at a meeting with Quebec Premier Phillipe Couillard because of the federal inquiry that was promised by the federal Liberal party.Download (PDF, Unknown)APTN has requested an interview and statement from both ministers, but have not heard back at the time of the publication.But according to the letter, both seemed open to the idea of allowing two First Nations investigators to join the investigation.“At the time of the November 23rd meeting, you accepted the request of the participation of our officers in the SPVM inquiry, for which we are very thankful,” according to the letter.The two officers are Mylène Trudeau, Abenaki police officer, and Derek St-Cyr, a James Bay Cree police officers. Neither could be reached for comment.According to the letter, both are experienced police investigators working in First Nations communities.“At the very least, they can have two of our Indigenous officers working with the Montreal police, who we do not trust to properly investigate the SQ,” said Kanesatake Mohawk Territory Grand Chief Serge Simon who took part in the meeting where the decision was made to draft the letter.Eight members of Val d’Or’s SQ are facing 14 allegations of physical, and in some cases, sexual abuse against 12 Indigenous women in the Val d’Or region.Those officers are currently on leave and not patrolling the community.Investigations are currently being conducted by Montreal police under the observation of a human rights email@example.com Email Send a copy of this email to yourselfIf you want to submit this form, do not enter anything in this field Message Name