Cheshire Hall patient goes on rampage with fire extinguisher

first_img Related Items:cheshire hall medical center, general ward, patient, rampage Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 22 Apr 2015 – It was quite an episode early yesterday morning at the Cheshire Hall medical center when a patient grew impatient and began dousing the General Ward of the hospital with the contents of a fire extinguisher. Public Relations Officer at the hospital, Takara Bain advised that every precaution was taken, including closing the General Ward temporarily until clean-up was complete. No one was hurt, but the damage is being assessed. Cheshire Hall explains Monday power outage at hospital Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Investigations continue into death of 46 year old Labante of Phillipines JetBlue passenger dies in Provo en route to Dominican Republiclast_img read more

Democrats Reject GOPs Omnibus Proposal over Policy Riders

first_imgDemocratic leaders on Wednesday slammed the Republicans’ opening offer for a fiscal 2016 omnibus spending bill over more than 30 “poison pill” add-ons covering policy issues including the environment, financial regulations and Syrian refugees.“Their offer wasn’t real. We couldn’t accept it,” said Rep. Nita Lowey (N.Y.), the top Democrat on the Appropriations Committee.“When you’re working on a bill that, you know, we hope can pass the House and the Senate, you don’t send over an offer … that’s going nowhere,” Lowey said, reported the Hill.On Wednesday night, Democrats said they intended to respond to the GOP with a counteroffer shortly. The back-and-forth comes as lawmakers are trying to strike a deal over a $1.1 trillion spending package before the current continuing resolution expires Dec. 11. Even though topline spending levels were agreed to in October’s two-year budget deal, Congress still needs to come to terms over 12 separate spending titles, including any language affecting federal policy.The Republican’s initial offer, however, did not touch most of the thousands of smaller, line-by-line agreements on funding levels and bill language struck by appropriations staff in recent weeks, reported CQ.The process is typical of high-level discussions conducted under a looming deadline, although the negotiations usually take place hidden from public view. In fact, Democrats said they will not be releasing any details on their response.Examples of provisions rejected by the Democrats include one scaling back Wall Street reforms and another adding hurdles to the screening process for refugees fleeing violence in Syria and Iraq, according to the Hill.White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest echoed the concerns of congressional Democrats about the objectionable riders, and said Republicans are “whistling past the graveyard of a government shutdown.” Earnest specifically pointed to Republican language on financial and environmental regulations, reported CQ. Dan Cohen AUTHORlast_img read more

White House on lockdown after shots fired

first_imgPolice are seen outside the White House as several blocks are closed down by the United States Secret Service on 3 March, 2018 in Washington, DC. Photo: AFPThe White House was placed on lockdown and the surrounding area cordoned off by emergency personnel Saturday after an apparent gunshot was heard.The US Secret Service said on Twitter that it was responding “to reports of a person who allegedly suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound along the north fence line of @White House.”It said medical personnel were “responding to the male victim,” but that there were “no other reported injuries.”The victim’s identity was not immediately known.President Donald Trump was not at the White House at the time. He is spending the weekend at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.Reporters tweeting from the White House briefing room said they had been told to shelter in place. Police cars and ambulances swarmed to the area minutes after the incident.Disturbances outside the White House are not rare. On 23 Feb, a woman was arrested after crashing her vehicle into a security barrier near the presidential residence.And there have been repeated attempts to jump over fences around the building.last_img read more

Flood alert remains in force in area following heavy rain

first_imgGet the biggest Daily stories by emailSubscribeSee our privacy noticeThank you for subscribingSee our privacy noticeCould not subscribe, try again laterInvalid EmailA flood alert remains in force across Stafford Borough – with the Environment Agency saying flooding is possible in the area. The alert is in force for the River Sow and the River Penk following heavy rain in the past few days. No further rain is forecast however and the Environment Agency expect the river levels to fall overnight, according to the latest update shortly before 5pm this evening (December 24). An Environment Agency spokesman said: “River levels remain high at the Milford river gauge as a result of rainfall over the weekend. “Consequently, flooding of roads and farmland is possible today, December 24. “Flooding is affecting low-lying land and roads adjacent to the River Sow between Great Bridgeford and Shugborough, the River Penk between Coven and Stafford, the Sandyford Brook, the Rising Brook, the Ridings Brook and the Saredon Brook. No further rainfall is forecast. River levels have peaked and will fall overnight. We are monitoring the situation. Read MoreWeather warning for fog issued for North Staffordshire and South Cheshire “Our incident response staff are actively checking river levels and the weather forecast. Please avoid using low lying footpaths and bridges near local watercourses. This message will be updated tomorrow morning, 25/12/18, or as the situation changes.” The Flood Alert is one of 21 in force across England. Want to tell us about something going on where you live? Let us know – Tweet us @SOTLive or message us on our Facebook page . And if you have pictures to share, tag us on Instagram at StokeonTrentLive .last_img read more