Former Manchester City goalkeeper Shay Given has told talkSPORT he was baffled by Pep Guardiola’s decision to bench the England number one for his first Premier League game.The build-up to Saturday’s late kick-off against Sunderland was dominated by news of Hart’s absence from the starting line-up for City’s season opener at the Etihad Stadium.Willy Caballero was preferred in the starting line-up, as City went on to beat the Black Cats 2-1 and get Guardiola’s tenure off to a winning start.Reports on Monday morning have even claimed that Hart has been told he can leave the club, with Guardiola currently searching for a replacement number one.But Given, who made 50 appearances for City between 2009 and 2011, believes the Spanish boss would be making a big mistake to rule out the England glovesman without giving him a real chance to impress.“It doesn’t look good for Joe at the minute,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast. “Guardiola looks like he’s made his mind up, that he wants to bring someone in.“I don’t think Joe will be overly happy sitting on the bench. He’s 29 years of age, he’s got ten years left at the top level and he’ll want to go and play somewhere, I know that for sure. He’s hungry to play.“He’s a top keeper. People are maybe thinking about the summer, and he made a couple of mistakes at the Euros, but you don’t become a bad goalkeeper overnight. He’s still a top, top keeper.“He’ll be a big signing for any club, if he does move away from Manchester City.“It’s just a shame Guardiola hasn’t given him an opportunity. He’s come in and basically said he doesn’t want him and Joe’s not really had the chance to show how good a goalkeeper he is.”
TNT head coach Nash Racela cited his team’s poor endgame execution as the major reason for its heartbreaking loss to Phoenix on Wednesday night.The KaTropa were up by three with less than two minutes to go but were unable to protect their lead after going 0-of-3 from the field and failing to make defensive stops to finish the game.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Globe Business launches leading cloud-enabled and hardware-agnostic conferencing platform in PH Read Next “We talked about execution in the end. On both ends, specifically on defense, we weren’t able to execute in the end,” said Racela after giving his players a long post-game talk inside the Mall of Asia Arena dugout following a 74-72 defeat.“I was asking them what went wrong. I just wanted to hear it from them. We showed them the clips of the last two possessions of Phoenix.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutRacela was pertaining to the instances where the Fuel Masters’ tied the game on a 3-pointer by Matthew Wright with 44.1 ticks left and got the lead for good after a baseline bucket by Doug Kramer with exactly three seconds remaining.With the loss, the KaTropa dropped to 4-4, tied with the Fuel Masters in fifth place. Racela, however, doesn’t seem worried with his team’s current position. LATEST STORIES Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH NEXT BLOCK ASIA 2.0 introduces GURUS AWARDS to recognize and reward industry influencers John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding View comments Slow and steady hope for near-extinct Bangladesh tortoises Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC “If you study our conferences last year, we were always in the middle of the pack, and we just made a good push toward the playoffs and in the playoffs, so it’s still the same plan,” he said.“Hopefully with what we have now, we can still have a good run towards the playoffs. It will be a tough last three games for us, especially with Gilas coming up. I think we’re going to miss the three guys in at least one game, so it would’ve been nicer if we won today.” Dani Ravena sees mistakes against NU as learning experience AFP official booed out of forum 2 ‘newbie’ drug pushers fall in Lucena sting Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City
Touch Football Victoria invites applicants to apply for the position of Finance and Administration Officer.Applicants must have some experience in finance and administration or a tertiary equivalent and the position is best suited to a can do person with a passion to be involved in the sports industry.Salary will range from $30,000 – $38,000 plus super. For a full position description please download the attached document. By COB Monday 21st April, applicants must provide a cover letter outlining the key selection criteria outlined in the position description along with a resume to email@example.com Related Filesvic_finance_and_adminstration_position_description-pdf
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Liverpool attacker Shaqiri: Friends call me man who finished Mourinhoby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool attacker Xherdan Shaqiri has revealed friends have labelled him as the man who got Jose Mourinho sacked. The Swiss scored two goals to help Liverpool beat Manchester United 3-1.Mourinho was subsequently fired as United on Tuesday and Shaqiri has received some messages from his friends about the impact of his goals.”I had a lot of messages from my friends when it happened,” Shaqiri said in an interview with The Guardian.”There were a lot of good messages about the United game at first and then, when the news came out about Mourinho, I had messages saying: ‘That’s your fault!’ But this is football sometimes.”I don’t think it was just because we won that game that United wanted to change their manager.”There were other reasons but it means the game goes down in history. It will always be in my history too.”
New Delhi: Mar 28 (PTI) The CBDT has rung alarm bells and has asked the Income Tax Department to go for a major assault as the direct tax collection target remains short of about 15 per cent, with the financial year closing less than a week away.On March 26, CBDT Member (Revenue) Neena Kumar shot off a letter to all the regional chiefs of the department stating that the tax collection figures have “been reviewed and it is seen that as against the budget collection target of Rs 12,00,000 crore, only 85.1 per cent of the target at Rs 10,21,251 crore has been collected as on March 23.” Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscalThe officer, who is responsible to supervise I-T department’s tax collection work across the country, underlined the areas that are sluggish vis-a-vis direct tax collections obtained from personal, corporate and advance tax categories.”The minor head-wise analysis indicates worsening trend of negative growth in regular collections at -6.9 per cent as against -5.2 per cent in the last week. This is an alarming situation which needs immediate attention,” Kumar wrote in the letter. The officer expressed CBDT’s disappointment at this situation and has asked the supervisory tax officials to pull up their socks and ensure no stone remains unturned to achieve the target. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boostThe Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) frames policy for the I-T department and is also its controlling authority that functions from the North Block in the Finance Ministry.”You are aware that regular assessment tax is bench-mark of performance as it is based upon quality of demand raised which can further be converted into actual collections,” Kumar wrote in the letter.”Board (the CBDT) has discussed strategies through various communications with you (senior officials) and it was expected that by this time your strategies would have succeeded resulting into improved collections. However, the figures of collection give a different account,” she added. She asked the department to take “all possible actions urgently, especially with respect to recovery of arrear and current demand, so as to achieve the targets for collection.”The CBDT has been worried over the direct tax collection work for quite some time and Board Chairman P C Mody had recently held a video-conference with the top brass of the department across the country and discussed strategies to boost the collection figures to be achieved by the end of the 2018-19 fiscal on March 31. Both Mody and Kumar are undertaking daily updates on the issue. They are monitoring advance tax and arrear collections, enforcement action to check tax evasion and subsequent surrender of undisclosed income, a senior official said.
Ohio State junior infielder Emily Clark makes a tag on a Wright State runner on Sep. 24. Credit: Gretchen Rudolph | For The LanternIndiana began Big Ten play with a bang, sweeping the No. 18 Ohio State softball team in all three games the two teams played this weekend, outscoring the Buckeyes 19-4 in the three games.Indiana (10-21, 3-0 Big Ten) took control of the series from the beginning, holding the Buckeyes (19-7, 0-3 Big Ten) to just two hits in the first game of the series.Indiana’s junior pitcher Tara Trainer, a player Ohio State head coach Kelly Kovach Schoenly described as “very competitive” and said would be one to watch for in this series, pitched all seven innings of the 6-0 shutout. The six unanswered runs for the Hoosiers came in pairs starting with two runs in the first inning, followed by two more in the second and another two in the fourth.The Buckeyes got on the board in the second game, but it wasn’t enough to take down the Hoosiers.Ohio State scored two runs in the top of the fourth inning. Junior catcher Emily Clark doubled and advanced to third on a throw while junior shortstop Lilli Piper made it to home. Clark later scored after senior first baseman Ashley Goodwin reached on a fielder’s choice.In the bottom of the fifth, however, Indiana put five runs on the board that inning alone. Freshman catcher Maddie Westmoreland’s home run contributed three of the five runs.Ohio State grabbed one run back after Clark scored in the top of the sixth, but the Hoosiers responded with four more runs in the bottom half to put the game out of reach. Ohio State was not able to get back in the game in the seventh, bringing Game Two to a close and giving the Hoosiers their second win of the weekend, ending the game at 9-3. The Buckeyes kicked off the third game with a home run by Piper in the top of the first.The Hoosiers tied the game in the bottom half of the first, however, with sophomore right fielder Gabbi Jenkins scoring on a wild pitch.The score remained at 1-1 until senior shortstop Rachel O’Malley stepped up with the bases loaded and hit a bases-clearing double to give Indiana the 4-1 lead. That base hit proved to be the game-winner for the Hoosiers.Ohio State will have its first home game at Buckeye Stadium at 6 p.m. Wednesday when it hosts Kentucky.
There were a lot of rumours saying that Neymar can possibly leave PSG and come back to La Liga to join Real Madrid – but his teammate Kylian Mbappé believes that he will stay no matter what.The Brazilian star joined the French club before the season from Barcelona and he became the most expensive player in the football history – and Mbappé insisted that another transfer is just a “hot air”.The French youngster spoke about Neymar’s situation as he said, according to Sports Keeda:“It’s nothing but hot air.”Opinion: Neymar will earn respect back from the PSG fans Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 After completing his incredible return to Parc des Princes, we predict that Neymar will earn the respect back from PSG supporters.The situation between Neymar…“Neymar sends me messages, gives me the news. I wished him a good World Cup, but not to win it.”“Of course, I have the goal of winning the World Cup. It’s even a dream. If we progress well, we can achieve something.”“I’m not sure that Emery will leave, even if he is at the end of his contract.”“I don’t know if he talks to the club. We’ll see who will replace him if he leaves, but he is not leaving at the moment.”
Former Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Cambiasso reckons that Sergio Ramos and Antonio Conte will get on along with each other well due to their winning personalitiesCurrent Real manager Julen Lopetegui’s future is now in serious doubt after a humiliating 5-1 defeat at the hands of Barcelona in Sunday’s El Clasico.Speculation has only grown over the past 24 hours that Conte is set to replace Lopetegui in the dugout this week.But Ramos refused to even consider Conte after Real’s latest defeat.“You have to gain respect, not impose it”, said the Spaniard.Sacchi explains Sarri, Conte, and Ancelotti Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Arrigo Sacchi talked about how Sarri has a tougher time at Juventus than Conte at Inter; while Ancelotti’s “blood is boiling” at Napoli.Arrigo Sacchi…But Cambiasso, who made 65 appearances for Real across a two-year spell, doubts there will be any problems between Ramos and Conte at the Santiago Bernabeu.“I think the best players want to have the best managers,” Cambiasso told Sky Italia.“Ramos will have fun with Conte because the only thing that you want after taking five goals from Barcelona is a winner on the bench and both Conte and Ramos are winners.”Real confirmed today that Lopetegui remained in charge for the first-team training session this morning.Cambiasso also played for Inter Milan over the course of his playing career, where he won the Serie A five times and a Champions League crown across a decade-long spell.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppUnited States, August 14, 2017 – Miami, FL – The Premier League – the world’s most popular and most watched football league – will once again dominate screens across the Caribbean, as diehard football fans get ready for another season of exclusive, must-watch live action kicking off on August 11.Recognizing that for many sports fans in the Caribbean, “football is life,” Flow is giving customers the ultimate viewing experience with access to ten (10) action-packed live Premier League games every single week when they sign up for the Flow Sports Pack – meaning they can always follow their team. This special package also gives Flow customers exclusive access to hours of nail-biting live coverage and commentary, as well as rare behind-the-scenes footage. Customers who sign up for the Flow Sports Pack will also enjoy exclusive Premier League content that’s only available on the Flow Sports Premier network; riveting goal-by-goal coverage on Flow Sports Goal Rush; and fan favourites like the official club channels for Chelsea and Manchester United. Basically, with the Flow Sports Pack, customers will never have to worry about missing out on the action.What’s more, with the Flow Sports App customers can take the game with them wherever they go and watch the matches live on any device, literally putting the best football league in the world right in the palm of their hands.“It’s set to be another exciting football season and we’re proud to again give our customers exclusive access to every single Premier League match, which they can watch anytime and anywhere,” said Garry Sinclair, Flow’s President, Caribbean. “Can Chelsea do it again? Will Arsenal or Liverpool be resurgent, or will Mourinho and Guardiola bring the trophy back to Manchester? Whoever our customers support, with the Flow Sports Pack they won’t miss a minute of the action. To many of our customers football is life and, as the Home of Sports and Football in the Caribbean, we’re delighted to bring them every minute of the best football league in the world.”The 2017/2018 season kicks off on August 11 with Arsenal playing Leicester City, and Flow TV customers will benefit from an exclusive freeview of the Flow Sports pack for the first two weekends of the season (August 11 through August 21) to get a taste of all the action that the Flow Sports pack offers!Flow customers can head over to www.discoverflow.co/sportspack to signup for this exciting bundle today. Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
August 8, 2018 Updated: 3:25 PM Authorities seek public help identifying North County Apple Store burglars Posted: August 8, 2018 KUSI Newsroom, KUSI Newsroom SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — Authorities reached out to the public Wednesday for help in identifying a group of thieves responsible for a seven-month series of grab-and-run thefts at North County Apple store locations.The burglary spree in Carlsbad and Escondido has led to injuries in several cases and is believed to be related to similar crimes throughout California, according to police. In all, the losses statewide have exceeded $750,000, officials said.While carrying out the heists, the thieves — black men who appear to be in their 20s, possibly accompanied by a woman — have generally worn hooded jackets or sweatshirts with the cowls pulled up over their heads and mostly concealing their faces.In most cases, after scooping up high-end merchandise off display tables, the crooks have bolted to a waiting getaway vehicle. On several occasions, witnesses have been hurt while trying in vain to stop the fleeing robbers, police said.Surveillance cameras in the targeted businesses have captured numerous images of the thieves.Anyone who might be able to help identify the perpetrators is asked to call San Diego County Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477. Tipsters may remain anonymous and could be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter