Jeremiah S. Swen (R), former Acting National Secretary General of ANC, at a campaign event with party standard bearer Alexander B. Cummings.With just four days to national elections, the National Acting Secretary General of the opposition Alternative National Congress (ANC), Jeremiah S. Swen, yesterday resigned his position, citing several reasons.Swen had earlier suspended his membership with the party based on two reasons, according to an earlier letter to the party’s National Chairman, Lafayette O. Gould, dated July 26, 2017.The drastic and unprecedented spread of the Ebola virus in Liberia in 2014 forced former Assistant Minister of Labor, Ms. Meapah Meme Kou Gono, who was also at the time the Secretary General (SG) of the ANC, to escape to safety in the United States. Swen said that since Gono’s departure – for which she was eventually dismissed as Assistant Minister of Labor by President Sirleaf for her refusal to return to Liberia, “the Secretary General position of the ANC has remained constitutionally dormant.”But as a temporary corrective measure, Swen said the ANC in July 2014 requested that he serve as Acting Secretary General and Deputy for Administration, the position he held until he announced his decision to quit the party yesterday.According to his letter to Chairman Gould, the three plus years he acted in the capacity of the party’s SG are “utterly impractical and fall far below the norms of international best practices in any functional democracy.”Swen admonished that “the ANC as a political party, presumably a government in waiting, should engage in democratic practices that convey a message of change. Unfortunately, this issue has been handled with patronage and personal considerations. It is mind boggling that at this time of our electoral processes, the Secretary General and Chief Scribe of the ANC remains in absentia,” said Swen, adding that “it is only prudent at this time of our political engagements this position be officially regularized.”He said the decision to regularize the SG position will further help to strengthen the ANC and create a lane between policy and action – a pathway to best judge the ANC led government and its stance against patronage governance. “More besides, I find this completely incomprehensible – to have such mammoth tasks engrossed in these elections without the full participation of the Secretary General,” he added.It may be recalled that on Thursday, September 28, the United Methodist Radio station (ELUM 98.8) through its call-in talk show ‘The National Hour,’ deliberated election related matters, including the resignation of the ANC’s estranged National Secretary General, Madam Meapeh Meme Gono, and her subsequent decision to throw her support to the opposition Liberty Party.In a press release to local media organizations, Swen said that after he tendered his July 26 membership suspension letter to Chairman Gould he experienced moments of “poor leadership and was inhumanely treated”. Despite interventions from reputable institutions to settle the impasse, all of which proved futile, Swen said the party “maintained a non-conciliatory posture and attitude.”Stating the second reason for his decision to not further his ANC membership, Swen said the National Secretariat of the ANC, comprising the SG and seven deputies, “is handicapped – a well coordinated plan aimed at destroying coordination, breeding disunity and hampering our strategic contribution and impacts.”He went on to list the current situation of the ANC National Secretariat as lacking a well secured office space and a vehicle for the office of the SG; logistics and equipment (laptop/PC and other devices) for SG and members of the Secretariat; a secure and completed National Secretariat Poll (no work stations for the Secretariat); lack of structural platform for document storage and research; lack of integration of the office of the SG with the National Campaign Process; and lack of the SG’s full participation, contribution and knowledge of policy and program development and implementation framework.Commenting on an allegation that he was absent from the party’s public activities because he misappropriated campaign-entrusted funds, Swen said: “I want to inform the general public that at no time did I receive any funds to be used by the office of the Secretary General towards these elections. It is further expedient to note that my office was not structurally or financially empowered to carry out its constitutional duties.”Meanwhile, several efforts to reach ANC National Chairman Lafayette Gould did not materialize as his number rang endlessly before going to press.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
The team already has some new players that appear to be very promising according to team captain Amanda Rathburn and the Killbillies would like to encourage female hockey players to come out and try the sport as the skill set is very similar.Anyone interested in joining the team can message the Killbillies on their Facebook page by clicking here. The team practices Tuesday’s and Thursday’s at the Taylor Community Hall from 7:15 p.m. until 8:45 p.m. Practices will be moving to the Pomeroy Sport Centre next month.The first home game of the year for the Killbillies will be on May 31 against Grimshaw. – Advertisement –
A highly successful 5th annual Rhyason Contracting Light a Moose Campaign, raised 53 thousand dollars last week for the Fort St. John Hospital Foundation. That was 23 thousand more than this year’s objective, with all the money going to the 12th annual “Be An Angel, Light a Light Campaign. It had a goal this year of 300 thousand dollars, with all the donations going toward the one point three million dollar, “Slice For Life”, CT Scanner Campaign. Those totals will be announced this evening, at the annual Christmas Tree Light Up on the Hospital Grounds. The event, as always, is open to the public and, scheduled to begin at 5:30.- Advertisement –
Lazar Markovic is on loan at Turkish club Fenerbahce from Liverpool 1 Lazar Markovic sent a timely reminder to Liverpool last night with a scorching winner for Fenerbahce in the Turkish Cup.The Serbian winger played for the Reds under Brenden Rodgers last season, but he failed to impress and was sent out on loan this year.However, he showed new boss Jurgen Klopp what he is capable with this goal in the dying moments against Tuzlaspor, which gave his side a 1-0 win.They are now through to the knockout stage of the competition.
RED HUGHS CLUB NOTESSenior MenSenior manager Stephen Friel met the senior men’s squad on Sunday past and introduced his backroom team of Stephen Gallagher and Paul Bradley. Paul and Stephen will also manage the reserve team. He also outlined his hopes for the coming year. All players are required to sell a book of tickets for the annual Gaa national draw in order to receive a training top with their initials on it free. Book of 5 tickets €10 per ticket. Tickets available from Andy Doherty. We wish the players and management team all the best in the new season. Club MembershipClub Membership for 2015 opens on January 1st.It will strictly close on 31st March. Registration dates for both Adult and Underage will be announced later. Other NewsPosition of Park Committee Chairperson has yet to be filled. Anyone interested Please contact Andy DohertyThe first club meeting of 2015 will take place on Monday 5th January at 8.30pm. All club members welcome. Happy New YearWe wish all our club members, players, sponsors and supporters a happy and peaceful new year in 2015GAA NEWS: RED HUGHS SENIOR MANAGER OUTLINES PLANS FOR SEASON was last modified: December 29th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Red Hughs GAA notes
A well known clothing retailer has gone Christmas Crackers – over Christmas jumpers!The big day may be more than five weeks away, but The County Seat in Letterkenny reckons it’s time to invest in some Christmas cheer.Several versions of the Christmas jumper are on offer…at €25 each. And if you get into the festive spirit before November 30, there’s a chance to win a €100!CLOTHES SHOP GOES CHRISTMAS JUMPER CRAZY! was last modified: November 16th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Christmas JumpersCounty Seatletterkenny
Trad folk group Emmet Spiceland have agreed to reform to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of The Mary From Dungloe International Festival.Emmet Spiceland hold a special place in Irish music history and the success of their song “Mary from Dungloe” inspired the creation of The Mary From Dungloe International Festival.It promises to be an unmissable night of nostalgia when The Emmet Spiceland Band, Chlann Mhic Ruairi together with other guests perform in The Waterfront Hotel, Dunlgoe, Co Donegal, on Monday 31st July 2017 at 8.00p.m. Tickets are selling fast for this incredible show‘We have been asked many times before and for one reason or another it didn’t happen however the stars aligned this time and we are really looking forward to getting together to put on a show’, said band member Donal LunnyThe fully seated concert takes place in The Waterfront Hotel, (formerly The Ostan na Rossann), which has been transformed into a top class hotel with a state of the art function room. Gemma Boyle from The MFD50 committee says this is one of the highlights of the Golden Jubilee Festival. All three band members are happy to meet up again for this great occasion, and are looking forward to meeting the Marys once again. They have been rehearsing extensively for this very special concert where they will be joined on the night by Clann Mhic Ruairi, a West Donegal band making a big name for themselves singing as Gaelige. This will be a feast of music and a must-see for live music fans. Tickets are selling fast however, limited tickets available from usual MFD outlets:Festival Office, Main Street, Dungloe – 087 449 1144Charlie Bonner & Sons, Lr. Main Street, Dungloe – 074 9521163The Cope, Main Street, DungloeSuper Valu, Carnmore, Dungloe Matt Bonners, GweedoreThe Aisleann, RannafastIreland’s first boy band reform for one night only at Mary From Dungloe Festival was last modified: July 25th, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:emmet spicelandMary from Dungloe festival
Local residents and community representatives from Donegal and Tyrone came together to celebrate the achievements of the participants of the Finn Valley Men’s Project, a cross community, cross border project run by the Lifford/Clonleigh Resource Centre (LCRC). The event also marked the conclusion of the first phase of this highly successful eighteen month project, funded by the International Fund for Ireland under its Peace Impact Programme.The celebration event took place in Kee’s Hotel, Stranorlar, where the participants received their certificates. The Finn Valley Men’s Project worked with over 120 men aged over 25 years in four key areas in the Finn Valley region – Ballybofey/Stranorlar, Castlefinn and Lifford in Co. Donegal and Sion Mills in Co Tyrone.Working closely with the Donegal ETB, the project offered the men’s groups the opportunity to undertake educational and skills training programmes including:• Return to Learning Short Courses• FETAC Level 2 (Major Award) Communications for the Workplace (a part-time course for adults, who left school early and who want to revisit their reading, writing, spelling, maths and learn the basics of using a computer in preparation for entering work). • Personal Development/Confidence Building• Committee Skills• Team Building and Leadership and a range of skills training.Speaking at the event, Mr Paddy Harte, Board Member of the International Fund for Ireland said: “The fund was delighted to support this cross-border, cross-community project which sought to engage with individuals in targeted urban and rural areas that had not previously participated in community development and peace building projects.Members of the project management team with Paddy Harte, I.F.I. Seated from left, Bríd Foley, Paddy Harte and Kathleen Bonner. Standing from left, Patsy O’Hagan, Geraldine Perez, Liam McConalogue and Mary Holmes.“The outcome is that over 120 participants from both sides of the border have learned new skills and gained a better understanding of the benefits of peace and reconciliation which I have no doubt will be of great benefit to them personally and to their communities in future years. “Nurturing greater cross-border and cross-community links is an important element of this project, which is funded by the International Fund for Ireland with the aim of advancing trust and understanding between both communities in the Finn Valley and Sion Hills, Co Tyrone.“I would like to congratulate all of the participants here this evening on their successful participation in the project and wish them well for the future”.Brid Foley, Clonleigh Resource Centre Manager thanked the IFI for the funding support, “without which this project would not have been possible.“This project has encouraged people to get involved in community life, to learn and accept history, culture and tradition as well as receive training. “It has been rewarding to see so many people come together to support the project and get involved in activities and I would like to say a special thank you to Kathleen Bonner, Project Co-Ordinator and Mary Holmes, Outreach worker for helping tomake this project such a success.“Feedback from the participants has been very positive and I have no doubt that this project will leave a lasting positive legacy not just for the participants themselves but also for their wider communities”.Finn Valley Men’s Project celebrate completion of cross border, cross community project was last modified: October 4th, 2017 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest By Matt Hutcheson, CCA, product manager, Seed Consultants, Inc.One issue that impacts soybean harvest in the eastern Corn Belt at some level each year is green stem syndrome. Green stem syndrome could be larger issue for the 2017 harvest because of latter planting dates in many areas. When green stem syndrome occurs, stems and leaves can remain green after pods have matured. As a result, while pods and seeds are mature and dry enough to be harvested, harvest operations can be slowed as combines have more difficulty dealing with stems and leaves that are still green. In addition to creating harvest delays, green stem syndrome can increase fuel consumption and result in shattering losses if growers delay harvest until stems have fully matured.The occurrence of green stems varies from year-to-year and can be affected by several factors, such as:• Viral infections • Insect feeding • Late planting • Drought stress • Application of fungicidesSuccessful management of green stem syndrome requires management practices that include timely planting, establishing adequate plant stands, irrigation, and controlling insects/pests. By making these management practices a priority, growers can minimize the likelihood that green stem syndrome will develop in their soybean fields. Although green stem syndrome slows down harvest, soybeans should be harvested as soon as pods are fully mature in order to minimize harvest losses due to shattering.
audrey watters Related Posts Google announced this afternoon that it has paid $700 million in cash to acquire ITA Software, a flight information software company. Founded in the mid-1990s at MIT, ITA’s technology provides organization of flight price and schedule information for the major airlines and travel booking companies. With clients including Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Bing, Orbitz, and Kayak, ITA’s reservation management system has become a crucial component in the management of air travel information.Travel itself is a major industry, but online travel search is as well, and the acquisition of ITA today could radically change what Google offers to airlines, travel agencies, and customers. Currently, a Google search for travel reservations leads to other major sites – Expedia and Priceline, for example – and a search for flight information only brings up bare-bones departure and arrival times. The acquisition of ITA will help Google, according to the press release, “pursue the creation of new flight search tools that will enable users to find better flight information more easily on the Internet.”Of course, finding better flight information on the Internet has long been the realm of these other companies, and Kayak, whose business has been as a travel search engine and who is also an ITA customer, might feel particularly pinched.Google’s acquisitions continue to raise questions about the company’s reach, and perhaps to pre-empt some antitrust concerns, Google’s announcement today came with a press release and website detailing the company’s plans and market position in the travel industry. Google says it won’t be setting prices or selling tickets, for example. And while the acquisition will likely see some government scrutiny, particularly with the size of the travel industry, Google probably hopes that releasing this information early will prevent some of the delays that its AdMob acquisition faced. Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Tags:#Google#web